Have you ever noticed how the world would be such a better place if people just did what we wanted them to do--or didn't do what we didn't want them to do? My List of Don'ts is my humble attempt to improve the world I live in. Perhaps it will improve your world as well.

The CARDINAL DON'T: Don't be such a fucking pussy!

Saturday, December 6, 2008

#110: Indexers of the world: Don't say "See Of the World, Indexers"

Today I looked in the back of a book for the page number for "Rule Against Perpetuties." Here's what the entry said: "See Perpetuities, Rule Against." Now hard would it have been to just tell me the freaking page number? And then I looked up "Fair Housing Act," and the same deal: "See Civil rights legislation." I don't want to see "Civil rights legislation." I want to see "Fair Housing Act," and I want it now without having to flip thru a zillion pages!

No comments: