
There's nothing wrong with flip flops. Why, back in my day, we wore those freaking things to the BEACH. They were perfect - for the BEACH.
Being the sort of person who can't bear to feel plastic rubbing between my toes, I don't wear them. But I understand them - or I used to. Because nowadays it seems as if flip flops are the ONLY thing people wear on their feet. It's December and they have some Juicy Couture warm up suit on--and a pair of Wal-Mart flip flops. They wear them with their suits, and if I went to church, I'd probably see flip flops propped up on the kneelers. For all I know, Pope Benedict is wearing them beneath his cassock right this minute.
On the occasion when I'm lucky enough to find myself in a quiet place, I'll suddenly hear flip flops flapping all around me. A guy gets up to take a leak, and I can hear him clear down past the elevators and hear his shoes flapping against the tiles as he approaches the urinals. I know all fashion is affectation, but can't we move on to another one?
3 comments:
And don't wear house shoes outside of the house! They're called house shoes for a reason.
What if they're wedgie flip-flops from the GaP? Is that okay? Cuz I wanna be okay.
Wedgie flip flops are probably a cut above. To be clear, it's never wrong to wear flip flops some of the time--just not all of the time. If you're trying to keep me happy (and I hope you are), then the real issue is how much noise your shoes make.
Post a Comment