
Yesterday I went to a Best Buy to purchase a computer advertised on sale. Of course the computer was out of stock, and the salesboy tried to sell me a higher priced item. I said no and left, only to find that my car battery had died in the parking lot. I also had no jumper cables. I went inside and asked a Best Buy employee if someone there could give me a jump. He took me to some managerial twerp named Eric, who said no, tough shit, basically, call a tow truck. Now, a jump takes about 30 seconds, as I told him, to which he replied "No one here has any jumper cables." No one in the entire establishment? And just when did he survey the contents of every employee's trunk?
I got a jump eventually, but Best Buy made an enemy out of me and showed the true nature of its corporate culture. It's so easy to fall back in to spending money at places like these, especially when they are known for having lower prices, but we just can't. My little boycott might not hurt them now, but if they piss off enough people over time, you never know. Even if my refusal to patronize them doesn't hurt them financially, at least I have the personal satisfaction of telling them to fuck off.
1 comment:
UPDATE: In response to my letter to the CEO, I have received a letter of apology from Best Buy along with a promise of a $50 gift card.
Post a Comment