Have you ever noticed how the world would be such a better place if people just did what we wanted them to do--or didn't do what we didn't want them to do? My List of Don'ts is my humble attempt to improve the world I live in. Perhaps it will improve your world as well.

The CARDINAL DON'T: Don't be such a fucking pussy!

Thursday, May 7, 2009

#140: Don't transpose the "a" and the "e" in "Michael"

I'm really not the spelling nazi. Although I won the spelling bee for my 5th-grade Language Arts class (thank you "aspirin"!), I was knocked out of the school-wide competition in the very first round - took one look into the moderator's excessively large eyeballs and cratered. I generally do not think spelling correlates with intelligence at all. That said, there's something about a grown person's writing "Micheal" that makes me think of some simple 7-year-old with his fingers curled arthritically around a big fat pencil, a bead of sweat rolling from his crew cut down into his ear, then onto his Big Chief tablet. His name is Mike.

No comments: