This goes out to the woman I had the misfortune of running into the night of the VP debates. She sat near me at the bar of the most ignorant gay dive in Houston. She was a big Hispanic lesbian in Mom jeans and wings - not the kind of wings you wear on your back, either, but the kind that for some reason some people continue to have carved into their hair. Here's what she said:
- "I like Palin" - despite Palin's homophobic track record. (See "#93: Don't talk about it.")
- "I'm not voting for no Muslim." (Because Christians, we've seen, are so trustworthy.)
- "Muslims lie." (Spoken like a true Christian.)
- "I'm Mexican, and I'm not voting for a black." (But she would have kicked my ass if I had insulted La Raza - a community to which, like the gay community, she brings disgrace.)
- "I'm telling you, I'm not voting for a black."
- "I'm not voting for a black."
No comments:
Post a Comment